Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Things that annoy me.

  • People who expect you to let them pull in front of you when they are sitting in the middle turn lane (suicide lane). You're not playing frogger, wait for a gap in both lanes until you try to merge. Don't pull halfway out then expect other cars to slam on their brakes to let you in. (by the way, I am all about being a courteous driver,
  • Athletes and celebrities who expect people to listen and give credence to their opinions about politics.
  • Reality TV stars (and I use the term "stars" very loosely).
  • Pollution
  • Meteorologist: maybe I am showing my ignorance but how can a collective group of people be wrong so often and still get people to listen to them? Oh wait, that reminds me....
  • Politicians: if the old "power corrupts" then how is it possible for career politicians to be anything but corrupt. They live their lives making laws and telling people what to do; they are like a parasite living off of everyone else in the country who actually works for a living. An honest politician is an endangered species. Please give us term limits on all Congressmen and Congresswomen, someone should not be a Senator for 30 years.
  • Taxes: I really don't think most people realize how much they are paying in income taxes every year because everything is automatically deducted from their earnings. And then on top of that we pay Social Security (which is a doomed program, I don't plan on ever seeing a return on that), and a bunch of other taxes that I don't feel like writing about right now.
  • and last (for now), but certainly not least, by bad attitude. I used to be a much happier person, at the rate I'm going I will be one grumpy old man. I suppose I now have a new year's resolution.

7 comments:

The Mrs. said...

My Dad is a Meteorologist.

Are you just out to get me or something Jamon? :)

Jamee

Jamon said...

oh....
Just think of it as a lead in to my disgust with politicians. :)

Cameron said...

Glad my kids didn't make your list. They will have to try harder next reunion. Cats annoy me.

Tia said...

Here here for term limits on politicians. 30 Years is much to long - they tend to lose touch with reality.

Great idea for a new year's resolution.

Ammon said...

I like the last one. and last (for now)...

I love it.

Natalie in Sparks said...

The drivers in annoyance #1 are just the price you have to pay for living in Utah! (there are bad drivers all over the place there).

Were you having a bad day when you wrote this? Just wondering.

Tyson Andelin said...

Funny poster.

Let me tell everyone what bugs me...

-In grown hair...it itches like crazy!