Monday, October 20, 2008

Staci and Jamon sittin in a tree...

Well, I am finally getting around to making this blog entry after a week; I'm sorry for the wait but in perspective it really isn't that long to wait.

I am so happy to able to write this, I AM GOING TO MARRY STACI WILCOCK!!!!! YIPEE!!!

My proposal was simple but it did come at a cost. I had already purchased the ring and talked to her dad Saturday morning and I was long boarding on my way over to propose and thinking about this very large step in my life when KABLAM I crashed on my longboard breaking my elbow. I was able to finish riding to her place, some may think it was foolish of me to continue on my long board but I figured it would get myself there quicker and also I was feeling a little light headed and almost fainted, I'm not sure I would have been able to walk over there. Another side story is there was a guy and a girl getting into a parked car right behind me and they didn't see if I was alright, they must have seen at least some part of the crash and yet not even a quick "you all right?" I would have told them I was fine anyway but I would have appreciated the concern. Back to the important story.

I got over to Staci's place, she doctored me up, and we went to the insta-care. I was really worried because although I left the ring in my jacket at her place I did have a card in my wallet with the ring info on it and she needed to pull out my medical insurance card; I was really worried she would see it but luckily she didn't. The entire time while at the doctors I was either thinking this really hurts or I should be engaged already. It was especially annoying when after putting Staci's name down as my emergeny contact info the nurse asked our relationship and I had to say girlfriend and not fiance.

Afterwards we watched the BYU vs New Mexico game at Tyson's apartment with the ring in my jacket pocket while Staci used it as a blanket, that made me especially nervous. After the game we watched a movie then went back to her place and finally about 11 hours behind schedule I proposed. For more, and different details check out my fiance's website :-) http://stacethespace.blogspot.com/

We just spent the weekend in Houston visiting her sister and bro-in-law, the only family members I hadn't met yet. It was a lot of fun and really nice weather. We even tried to take some engagement photos but none of them really turned out very well.

We are getting married Feb. 7, 2009 in the St. George temple, a reception will be in Enoch, UT (right next to Cedar City) that night, an open house will be in Provo, UT on Thursday Feb 12 and then another one in Sparks, NV on Valentine's day; I know, a bit cheesy but Staci really wanted to have it that night. Actually it just works that way even though Staci doesn't want to have it on Valentine's Day, it could be the 13th but only if the 14th absolutely won't work.

We are really happy and are enjoying the engaged life and are eagerly awaiting married life.

9 comments:

The Mrs. said...

Jamon! Yeah! We are making plans becuase we are definitely going to be there in St. George. Remember when we went to that Temple during a Thanksgiving reunion? Were you thinking "I bet I get married here in a couple years?"
Keep the sisters on your side of the fam updated on what Staci (and you I guess);) would like for the open house (am I right?) here in NV.

Tia said...

We sure enjoyed reading Staci's perspective of the big day so it was nice to read yours. Wow, Feb. will be here faster than you know.

Unknown said...

JAMON!!! I can't believe I had to find out from a random comment by Ashley Oblad that you're ENGAGED!!!! Congrats!! I'm so happy for you! Married life is great. Believe me. I would know. I'm a pro. lol. It's been a whole 3 weeks. ;)

Dad in Chile said...

Wonderful, exciting, awesome!!! I'm wondering why those pictures didn't turn out - you two look so good together you couldn't take a bad picture.

carrie said...

Yeah, boy! That's awesome! We're planning on flying down there and leaving the kiddos with my parents. How far is Enoch from St. George. We gotta figure where to fly into.
You are so awesome! I love the whole engagement story. That's so funny (well, in hindsight) that all that happened on your proposal day.
When my bro, David (the one that you sorta remind me of), was going to propose to his girlfriend, now wife, they were 4x4ing up in the mtns in Utah to get to the "perfect spot". The truck stalled and they rolled backward and flipped upside down, smushing the top in. They were okay but he was bugged. They drove it back to her house, got her car, and drove that up to a safer spot, I assume, and he finally proposed.
It sucked that day, I guess, but makes a great story for later.

Bethany said...

WOOP WOOP!!! CONGRATS!

Amber said...

Congratulations Jamon! That is awesome!

Natalie in Sparks said...

You guys are so dang cute together! And you both look extremely happy! Such a great time in your life...

Ammon said...

i like the heading picture on your blog.