Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The way of all the world

First off I would like to ask, who doesn't have a blog? I think these blogs are a right of passage into the 21st century, now that I have started blogging I feel like I'm finally up to date.

I am living and working in Provo, UT. I have an average job but fortunately I have above average roommates and neighbors to make up for it. I do feel fortunate to have a job directly related to my major (accounting); I am in charge of most balance sheet account reconciliations and anything else the Controller wants me to do. We are in the home stretch of the annual audit and we are all itching to have it done. The audit itself isn't that bad of a thing it's the redundancy of the tasks that we have to do. For a while we were getting new auditors every week and we would have to reexplain everything to them. Needless to say, my coworkers and I were getting a bit frustrated with the waste of time (at least in our eyes).

I feel like I'm a considerate driver and am fairly safe on the road; however, I have a few pet peeves when it comes to drivers habits. One of those is people's use of the suicide lane. An example from my day should adequately explain my feelings. While driving back from lunch today an SUV pulled into the suicide lane in front of me and came to a complete stop, waited for me to passed and then pulled onto the main road. At the next light the SUV pulled up right next to me and the driver (what looked to be your typical soccer mom) looked at me with a mixture of contempt, bewilderment, and horror that I would have the gal not to change lanes and give her room to merge and save her three seconds. Again I think I'm a considerate driver but I really don't feel like going out of my way to reward bad driving.

I have multiple pets and I have to exercise self control to not buy more. The count so far is a red tailed boa named General Grievous (from Star Wars III), a bearded dragon named Hiro (from the TV series Heroes), a ball python named CK (from Smallville), a mouse named Lucky (because none of my pets will eat him), a breeding pair of gerbils named Romeo and Juliette (because there life is one big tragedy), and all of their offspring currently numbered at 9 (five newborns and four two-month olds). I'm not sure why I like animals so much but I do.

My friends and I are into a number of TV shows right now, some of our favorites are American Gladiators and So You Think You Can Dance. American Gladiators is great except for roughly 45% of the show, when contestants give motivational one liners to Hulk Hogan and Muhammad Ali's daughter (her name isn't coming to me, Layla my roomies tell me) but not to be outdone by the gladiators who spend all their time rehashing the same old put downs of the contestants (except for Titan who seems to enjoy motivating the contestants more, and Wolf who comes up with new put downs for every contestant).

On So You Think You Can Dance I feel bad for the terrible dancers too much to enjoy these early rounds as much as I enjoy American Idol's early rounds. I'm not sure why I feel worse for dancers than singers, perhaps it's because I feel like a fool so often when I go dancing and the only thing that keeps me going is that I convince myself no one cares I'm not a good dancer (although I don't always believe it). Whereas people who sing should have a basic ability before they join some group or sing in front of people. I'm not sure.

Well that is a basic sampling of the way this blog will go, I'll ramble on about anything and everything. And maybe if you're lucky I'll write about some of my dreams.

6 comments:

Amber said...

Hey Jamon,
Let me be the first to welcome you to the world of blogging! I hope it treats you well. I too joined the blogging community this year. If you want to check it out feel free; although I have to warn you, it is mostly about our daughter Makenna. Occasionally you might get an update about me or John.
P.S. I think it is awesome that you have so many pets!
Amber Pawlowski

Unknown said...

Jamon,

I don't understand the blogging world...Does that make me a bad person? ;)

Megan

Cameron said...

I thought you were morally opposed to blogs

carrie said...

j mon...i love reading your thoughts...i mean, you're a great writer. yeah, so many people have blogs now-a-days. i've seen so many of my old friends and stuff thru blog surfing.

Natalie in Sparks said...

To answer your question of "WHo doesn't have a blog?" I will proudly state "I don't have a blog!" I definitely think you can still be cool and NOT have a blog. (Refer to my comment about your comment on my post on the family blog). They are time consuming, and my time is filled with way too many other things. However, I will try to squeeze in some time occasionally to check in on your blog.

Jamon said...

hey thanks nat, i appreciate your candor as well as your acceptance of my blog. your the best :)