Thursday, July 31, 2008

Family Reunion

I was able to make it to the Andelin Reunion this week. I was fortunate enough to get my time off of work on Wednesday and Staci and I drove up to the reunion that evening.

We went on a fun hayride right after dinner that evening; it took a little longer than Uncle Kenny had planned for us to drive from the campground we were staying at to his family's ranch but it was a beautiful evening and I think everyone had a great time.

The next day we went horseback riding and four wheeling; Staci is really not a fan of riding horses but we were able to convince her to go on a short ride and she did very well. We had nine horses in the group, three of Uncle Brian's and six of Uncle Kenny's; having that many horses was pretty fun and much easier to keep the horses together.

We played this really fun game in the afternoon; everyone had a short length of 1/2 inch PVC pipe and a bad of small marshmallows and then we went outside and shot the marshmallows at each other using the pipe as blow guns. It got pretty gross because to shoot the mellows the best you had to get them wet by letting them soak in your mouth, then you could shoot them pretty far. But when you get hit the mellows stick to you. I was just glad I didn't have long hair because some of the girls got a lot of mellows stuck in their hair. Staci and I formed an alliance with Dan and Elise so we were able to stay much cleaner then most everyone else. Then again we did stay on the outskirts of the group and we would pick off people coming towards us. All in all it was a very fun game but I am pretty sick of the taste of marshmallows right now.

We had a short talent show during which I was reminded how talented my cousins are. I am more motivated to practice the piano now. It was funny because the first person to play was Jennis Andelin, a cousin who is about 10 maybe, and when she started playing I looked over at Staci and she had this look of amazement at how good she was. I just have to confess that I have a great family.

The reunion was a lot of fun and I am really glad that I was able to make it. It was well worth taking that day of comp time to go spend time with my family and my girl friend.

7 comments:

The Mrs. said...

I didn't know that you brought Staci! And I was happy that you posted pictures. I like seeing pictures of you guys. The reunion came up really fast and I am hoping that we might be able to make it to maybe one sometimes soon. Good times.

You're right about the book. There was this crazy twist and everyone did die.

And yes, we decided to use our poor innocent sons name to sell our honey.

Jamon said...

well, i'm glad that you're ok with the book ending that way. :) i'll be sure to post more pics of us sometime soon.

carrie said...

hmmm...subtle, yet, not...if you know what i'm talkin' 'bout. ;) cool! love the first picture. :) call us anytime. it's been far, far too long.
and, p.s., thanks for ruining the book, jerk!
lol

The Mrs. said...

So Jamon, if you need another reason to come visit besides getting some meat, how about oh um....US!!??

Staci has been to Idaho, and the Andelin Reunion, Jeez, it might be nice to meet her here.....(?)

Tia said...

Great report about the family reunion. That must of been so cool to have 9 horses there for people to ride. I miss riding. Oh well, guess I will have to wait for another 9 months.
Love the pictures of you and Staci.

Tia said...

I just enlarged the horse picture. Wow, it reminded me of the Sweet and Ola area of Idaho.

Dad in Chile said...

OK, All of you are just having too much fun!!! Can't you just spend more time thinking about politics adn the economy?

I think that these blogs are making us break the mission rules.

Keep it up.

Love Dad