Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Boston or Bust!!!


I have arrived in Boston with two good friends, Jed Brown and Staci Wilcock. The trip to Boston was fairly uneventful however there are a couple things I thought would be fun to write about.

While waiting in the SLC airport we were presented with the opportunity to upgrade to first class, three for the price of one. We decided that for a five hour flight (from Phoenix to Boston) it would be worth $50 to have bigger seats and more leg room. While waiting to take off I decided to get out my laptop and make some money while the lowly coach people were getting on the plane, a la Brian Regan.

I had the unfortunate luck to be seated next to the only nursing mom ever to be allowed into first class. (no I’m not bitter). She was really nice and had first class for pretty much the same reason we did. Her child, who was about 18 months old, was fairly quiet most of the time but it was a bit awkward when she was still breast feeding and the mom didn’t always use a cover blanket. Oh and she changed the diaper right there at the seat. All well, I had the window seat so I just turned on my ipod and tried to get some sleep, which I didn’t.

Now we are at Staci’s old roommates pad getting ready for our first day in Boston. I’m pretty stoked.

4 comments:

Cameron said...

I take it no brought you the head of a pig or played the fiddle for you.

Tia said...

What a rough life flying in first class! Too bad about the passenger next to you.

Tia said...

I just re read your blog. YOu only had to pay $50 to get to fly 1st class. That is a no-brainer.

Dad in Chile said...

Great trip. Agreed airlines are desperate for more revenue to your good fortune.